Like the Constitution, Bill of Rights and so much of what was written by those we know today as the ‘Founding Fathers,’ Washington’s Letter to the Hebrew Congregation in Newport remains a relevant voice in our conversation about what it means to be free. Here you can explore a sample of how Washington’s Letter is being used in the 21st century to raise public awareness and promote discussion. We include links to news stories and discussions on the topic of religious freedom.
- George Washington and the Promise of Religious Freedom for All
- Tim Kaine Visits Famed Touro Synagogue — Slams Donald Trump on Religious Freedom
- Join the Army and Choose Whichever God You Like
- Loeb Institute on Religious Freedom Transforms Discussion on College Campus and Beyond
- Institute for Religious Freedom Will Move Education Programs to George Washington University